Don’t miss this exciting event that will take place during the 10th Annual Colorado Culture of Health Conference Lunch Program!
The 2017 Governor’s Award for Worksite Wellness
Beginning in 2015, the Colorado Governor’s Council for Active and Healthy Lifestyles partnered with Health Links™ and the Colorado Culture of Health Conference to recognize one outstanding organization in the state to receive the Governor’s Award for Worksite Wellness.
When it comes to creating healthy work environments, Health Links and the Council look for employers that create supportive environments that promote healthy and safe employee behaviors. This award recognizes the achievements of employers that have demonstrated a commitment to improving the health of employees, their families, and the community through healthy eating, physical activity, disease prevention, tobacco cessation, mental health, stress management and safety.
Health Links™ is a nonprofit initiative spearheaded by the Center for Health, Work & Environment at the Colorado School of Public Health. Health Links collaborates with employers to build a culture of health and safety in the workplace (https://www.healthlinkscertified.org/community/colorado). They assess organizations’ policies and programs; offer evidence-based recommendations in one-on-one advising sessions; connect employers with local resources; and certify qualifying employers as Healthy Businesses.
Health Links selected the top scores from businesses that have become Certified Healthy Business Leaders in the last 12 months.
The ten nominees were selected based on their score from their Healthy Business Certification application. The application is scored on the following criteria:
- Organizational Supports
- Workplace Assessments
- Workplace Health Promotion Programs and Policies
- Workplace Safety Programs and Policies
The Governor’s Council for Active and Healthy Lifestyles is pleased to announce the ten nominees for the 2017 Governor’s Award for Worksite Wellness.
- Amcheck (Denver, CO)
- City of Fort Collins (Fort Collins, CO)
- Colorado Dept. of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) (Denver, CO)
- CSAA Insurance Group (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Hilltop Community Resources (Grand Junction, CO)
- Jefferson County (Golden, CO)
- Mountain Family Health Center (Glenwood Springs, CO)
- Pinnacol Assurance (Denver, CO)
- RTD│Regional Transportation District (Denver, CO)
- U.S. Engineering Company (Westminster, CO)